We've decided that our not yet 2 year old is going on 14. We've known for a while that he really seems to like Hannah Montana. I thought it was just because she sang rock music. So, New Year's Eve I recorded her 2 performances so Carter could watch them the next day. So, we sat down to have a snack and I told him that I had something to show him on T.V. I turned it on and he screamed, "Atana!! Hug Atana." I then said, "You want to hug Hannah Montana?" He said, "Yep!" Of course I started laughing and I think I uttered, "Oh, you like her?" He said, "Yep, Atana cute!" Now I'm laughing, yet not sure if I should actually be concerned. Our conversation continues:
Carter "Atana home."
Mikell: " You want Hannah Montana to come to our home?"
Carter: "Yep, Atana, house, play Carter house, sit ground,(he sits down and shows me where she'll sit) play tools (gets his tools out), play screw driver, fix table (starts fixing the coffee table with his screw driver)"
Mikell: "Well that would be fun, but Atana is on T.V. and she can't come over"
Carter: "Get Atana, hug"
Mikell: "SCOTT!!!!!" We're still not sure what to do about this:)
Mikell: "Well that would be fun, but Atana is on T.V. and she can't come over"
Carter: "Get Atana, hug"
Mikell: "SCOTT!!!!!" We're still not sure what to do about this:)
Happy Holidays!!!
Our holidays were fairly uneventful. My mom and brother came in from Utah and we had a great time with them. We all at some point had the flu and sinus infections, but other than that it was great. Carter loved Santa. He told Santa he wanted a tractor to ride on and a big truck. He was so excited when he saw his motorized tractor by the tree. Nothing else mattered after that. This was our first Christmas without my dad, so it was hard, but we felt such joy watching Carter that it was hard to be too sad. Carter left cookies and milk out for Santa and Christmas morning he couldn't stop talking about how Santa ate cookies and drank a glass of milk.

4 comments:
Omigosh! That cracks me up that he's crushin' on Hannah! Reminds me of when Jacob had a crush on Shania Twain.
I bet he LOVES his tractor. How fun! We missed you all this Christmas. You guys think you'll ever come visit San Antonio?
I love these pictures of that totally grown little man of yours! I had to write a little note to you because I was thinking about you yesterday when I was cleaning my kitchen and the song "I hope you Dance" came on. I just belted it out and started crying, looking at my little girls, thinking how precious each moment is with them and how much I want for them to really LIVE! That song has come to mean a great deal to me and you and your father have given it deeper significance. I wanted to thank you for that.
Wow. I can't believe that conversation took place with a 2 year old! I can't wait to meet that little guy now that he's all grown up and getting ready to date.
I can I tell you how freakin cute Carter is! What a stud :) I can't believe how fast these boys are growing. It sounds like you had a pretty good Chirstmas. We missed you guys on Christmas Eve. Next year for sure right?!
Love Ya
Post a Comment